Lead Nurturing : what is it, how does it work and why is it of such fundamental importance?
Let's get straight to the heart of this topic!
What does Lead Nurturing mean?
One of the main objectives in marketing is to acquire a substantial number of leads .
What is a Lead? This is an individual who, by sharing some personal data, demonstrates a potential interest in a macro topic associated with a business, but does not yet feel ready for conversion.
The activity involved in attracting Leads is called Lead Generation .
It is based on the creation of effective Lead Magnets, Pop-ups, videos or eye-catching CTAs which aim to obtain some private user data in exchange, such as email or telephone number.
It is logical, however, that receiving contact from a user does not give us a guarantee that the latter will blindly purchase the product or service offered.
Therefore, it is good to remember that attracting the attention of our Leads is not the end point, on the contrary, it is the actual starting point. And this is exactly where Lead Nurturing comes into play.
Don't know what it means? I'll explain it to you right away!
The English term nurturing means to nourish . In fact, it is an activity based on the union of all marketing strategies, aimed at establishing a relationship of trust with potential customers and encouraging them to take action .
More simply, we can say that Lead Nurturing consists of nurturing our Leads during their Funnel (i.e. the purchase path) and then definitively transforming them into Buyers and, therefore, guiding them towards the final phase: conversion.
In summary, while Lead Generation has the objective of acquiring Leads, Lead Nurturing is the next stage, which helps to create a relationship based on trust with the latter who are interested in purchasing, but need some more stimulus to proceed.
Why is it important to implement a Lead Nurturing strategy?
Lead Nurturing activity must absolutely not be missing from an ideal marketing strategy.
For what reason?
Because most companies that effectively implement this tool have managed to generate 50% more contacts, while saving a lot of money and encouraging purchases.
In fact, the main objective of Lead Nurturing is to spread the brand by involving as many people as possible, stimulating their interest, aiming for conversion and building customer loyalty.
This must also be the goal of any type of company.
If now that you understand the definition and relevance of this valid tool and are wondering how to put it into practice, continue reading to find out more.
How can you nurture relationships with potential customers?
The main method for maintaining the bond with Leads is to keep the connection and dialogue with them alive.
If the potential customer feels neglected, the purchasing decision will be much more difficult for him.
If, on the other hand, he feels courted and considered, his journey within the Funnel will appear smoother.
But how is Lead Nurturing done?
Here are some ways to nurture relationships with Leads:
- Email Marketing : Emails are remarkably persuasive, useful for cultivating relationships with our dear Leads. They can be used to send welcome emails welcoming subscribers, or to remind them to purchase a product, or even to request reviews and advice to improve the experience. Furthermore, it is very important to forward weekly newsletters to stay in regular contact with users. Remember to also give the right attention to the subject of the emails, through which people will know what the topic is about and will be encouraged to read it. Emails must therefore not be written haphazardly, but must be personalized based on the recipient and consistent with the context.
- Chatboxes : these are artificial chats capable of simulating a conversation with a human. In this way the user will be able to facilitate an easy and positive browsing experience.
- Content Marketing : share content, such as articles, blogs, posts, ebooks, guides, live, videos etc. Don't underestimate the importance of visual content. They help convey a message more easily, drawing the attention of the hypothetical customer and improving communication.
- Retargeting : this function allows you to reach users who have browsed the site without completing an action, all through a tracking system. By doing this you will be able to understand the path of a particular person and in which stage of the funnel they are.
- Push notifications : these are short messages, sent as notifications, with which you can communicate offers, promotions, information, etc.
These are just some examples with which to carry out effective and functional Lead Nurturing.
However, know that the best choice is always to turn to professionals in the sector in order to achieve optimal results.
If you are interested in the topic and need some little advice, Gilbi.co is what you need!
We are waiting for you!